On a rather random note, I am going to post a recipe as today's blog post. It's a recipe that I found out of Cooking Light magazine....and as I do with so many recipes, amended to make it even more healthy. Even with the addition of extra fiber, the reduction of sugar, and a couple of other substitutions, Ken still swore these were some of my best blueberry muffins yet. Ta-da, and hooray...finally found a less-sickenligly-sweet blueberry muffin to enjoy on lazy Saturday mornings! (Meg's Revised) Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins 1-1/2 c. all-purpose, unbleached flour 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour 1 t. baking powder 1 t. baking soda 1/4 t. salt 1/4 c. unrefined sugar 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/4 c. lowfat or skim milk 2 T. canola oil 1 t. vanilla 1 (8 oz.) container fat-free vanilla yogurt (I used Stonyfield Farm's ) 1 c. frozen blueberries, rinsed and patted dry 1 T. coarse turbinado sugar (for sprinkling) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine first 6 in a large bowl (f...
I just got home from running a bunch of tedious errands. You know....the things you can't do from home, that require an actual personal trip to each destination, though you're only at each spot for no longer than 5 minutes. Trips like these are what take the most gas out of even the most fuel-efficient vehicles (such as my own), and so I am a stickler for drawing out a game plan before I leave the house. I have always been a planner, one who leans towards the cautious side of everything. Sometimes I wish I could just be free as the wind, running aimlessly to and fro, backtracking like crazy. It kills me to think of how much time and gas I waste when I do that, though, and that's why I plan ahead. My friends laugh at me when we all go yard sale-ing together (is that the right way to spell that?). I will stay up late on Friday night and write down every single advertised sale out of the paper that we might go to. Then I put them in order of farthest-away to closest to h...
I received a phone call this morning that I've been dreading. My Papa Gravely (Dad's dad) lost his battle with cancer this morning. Please keep my family in your prayers today. I really appreciate it.....
Comments