Kudos to my husband, Ken, for redesigning the look of my blog(s), making them smoother, sleeker, and kitchier (don'tcha think?)! I am even more inspired now to write each day....let's hope the motivation keeps up. Days have a way of filling your time before you want it to be filled....but certain things must be prioritized. For me, those things include daily time with God, family time, and writing. If those three things exist in my 24-hour-day, everything else fits so seamlessly into place.
Blueberry Bliss
On a rather random note, I am going to post a recipe as today's blog post. It's a recipe that I found out of Cooking Light magazine....and as I do with so many recipes, amended to make it even more healthy. Even with the addition of extra fiber, the reduction of sugar, and a couple of other substitutions, Ken still swore these were some of my best blueberry muffins yet. Ta-da, and hooray...finally found a less-sickenligly-sweet blueberry muffin to enjoy on lazy Saturday mornings! (Meg's Revised) Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins 1-1/2 c. all-purpose, unbleached flour 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour 1 t. baking powder 1 t. baking soda 1/4 t. salt 1/4 c. unrefined sugar 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/4 c. lowfat or skim milk 2 T. canola oil 1 t. vanilla 1 (8 oz.) container fat-free vanilla yogurt (I used Stonyfield Farm's ) 1 c. frozen blueberries, rinsed and patted dry 1 T. coarse turbinado sugar (for sprinkling) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine first 6 in a large bowl (f...
Comments