Popular posts from this blog
Issues
Having issues with our HVAC today. Funny how I just attended a focus group on home thermostats, and then ours starts acting up. I hope it's just being obstinate and that it doesn't mean that an imminent major repair of our system is coming up soon. I know that nobody 60 years ago had air conditioning in their homes, but I will still readily admit that I become a crybaby if I have reason to believe that mine will be taken from me....even momentarily! A self-centered and feeble attitude, of course. Ken throws his head back in laughter whenever I exclaim that I was born in the wrong decade. "I should've been born in the 20s," I say, marveling at the fashion or automobiles or music of the era. "You couldn't stand more than 24 hours in July," Ken might say, and he's probably right. Maybe, though, just maybe....if I had been born into heat and cold extremes, and gradually learned to live in a drafty home or stuffy apartment building, my resistanc...
Blueberry Bliss
On a rather random note, I am going to post a recipe as today's blog post. It's a recipe that I found out of Cooking Light magazine....and as I do with so many recipes, amended to make it even more healthy. Even with the addition of extra fiber, the reduction of sugar, and a couple of other substitutions, Ken still swore these were some of my best blueberry muffins yet. Ta-da, and hooray...finally found a less-sickenligly-sweet blueberry muffin to enjoy on lazy Saturday mornings! (Meg's Revised) Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins 1-1/2 c. all-purpose, unbleached flour 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour 1 t. baking powder 1 t. baking soda 1/4 t. salt 1/4 c. unrefined sugar 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/4 c. lowfat or skim milk 2 T. canola oil 1 t. vanilla 1 (8 oz.) container fat-free vanilla yogurt (I used Stonyfield Farm's ) 1 c. frozen blueberries, rinsed and patted dry 1 T. coarse turbinado sugar (for sprinkling) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine first 6 in a large bowl (f...

Comments