Ken and I are currently sitting in the den enjoying "The Chronicles of Narnia." Well made film, I must say. We can't believe, either of us, how closely the landscape mimics what we pictured in our minds as we read the novels so long ago. I also realized tonight that Disney is finally releasing "The Little Mermaid" in DVD form this October. I am not afraid to admit that it is my favorite of them all. That, plus, Ken informed me tonight (via one of his design magazine portals) that Disney is currently working on putting up a cable channel dedicated to nostalgic Disney at its finest. Who knows what that will entail, but anything that uses "nostalgic" in its description has my vote. And speaking of well-made films....anyone heard on when M. Night Shyamalan is due another flick out in the theaters? It's time, I'd say.
I received a phone call this morning that I've been dreading. My Papa Gravely (Dad's dad) lost his battle with cancer this morning. Please keep my family in your prayers today. I really appreciate it.....
Having issues with our HVAC today. Funny how I just attended a focus group on home thermostats, and then ours starts acting up. I hope it's just being obstinate and that it doesn't mean that an imminent major repair of our system is coming up soon. I know that nobody 60 years ago had air conditioning in their homes, but I will still readily admit that I become a crybaby if I have reason to believe that mine will be taken from me....even momentarily! A self-centered and feeble attitude, of course. Ken throws his head back in laughter whenever I exclaim that I was born in the wrong decade. "I should've been born in the 20s," I say, marveling at the fashion or automobiles or music of the era. "You couldn't stand more than 24 hours in July," Ken might say, and he's probably right. Maybe, though, just maybe....if I had been born into heat and cold extremes, and gradually learned to live in a drafty home or stuffy apartment building, my resistanc...
Comments