Blueberry Bliss

On a rather random note, I am going to post a recipe as today's blog post. It's a recipe that I found out of Cooking Light magazine....and as I do with so many recipes, amended to make it even more healthy. Even with the addition of extra fiber, the reduction of sugar, and a couple of other substitutions, Ken still swore these were some of my best blueberry muffins yet. Ta-da, and hooray...finally found a less-sickenligly-sweet blueberry muffin to enjoy on lazy Saturday mornings!

(Meg's Revised) Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins

1-1/2 c. all-purpose, unbleached flour
1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. unrefined sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 c. lowfat or skim milk
2 T. canola oil
1 t. vanilla
1 (8 oz.) container fat-free vanilla yogurt (I used Stonyfield Farm's)
1 c. frozen blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
1 T. coarse turbinado sugar (for sprinkling)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine first 6 in a large bowl (flour through sugar). Combine egg and next 4 (through yogurt) in a medium bowl. Add all at once to dry ingredients; mix till just moistened. Gently fold in berries. Fill 12 greased muffin tins. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 11-14 minutes, or till toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center, and the muffins are lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 1 dozen.

(And by the way, the whole wheat pastry flour and unrefined sugar is bought the cheapest at a wonderful wonderland called EarthFare....if you have ever been to EarthFare, you will know where I'm speaking of when I tell you that you will find it in the bulk section. If you have NEVER been, call me up and I will take you there. Everybody needs to get acquainted with EarthFare. Everybody.)

Comments

ken said…
as one who's officially eaten, like, 2/3 of the recipe, I'll validate the greatness of these muffins. I have to go now, i think there are 2 left...
ken said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
megret7 said…
I love Whole Foods, also. In fact, I saw the sign today saying there's one coming to G'ville. I will be there when the doors open.
:0) meg

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation