Issues

Having issues with our HVAC today. Funny how I just attended a focus group on home thermostats, and then ours starts acting up. I hope it's just being obstinate and that it doesn't mean that an imminent major repair of our system is coming up soon.

I know that nobody 60 years ago had air conditioning in their homes, but I will still readily admit that I become a crybaby if I have reason to believe that mine will be taken from me....even momentarily! A self-centered and feeble attitude, of course. Ken throws his head back in laughter whenever I exclaim that I was born in the wrong decade. "I should've been born in the 20s," I say, marveling at the fashion or automobiles or music of the era. "You couldn't stand more than 24 hours in July," Ken might say, and he's probably right.

Maybe, though, just maybe....if I had been born into heat and cold extremes, and gradually learned to live in a drafty home or stuffy apartment building, my resistance to such extremes might be more healthy.

Here's to summer.....the lovely, hazy, lazy dog days of summer. I think I'll be enjoying them from within my 73-degree living room this year, instead of living large and roughing it. At least for the time being, I can blame my choice on pregnancy....for the next eight weeks, at least.

Comments

joe hall said…
Meg, Oh my Yes! To have been around in the 1920s would've been awesome. 1927 was probably The Best year ever.
ps. Upstairs AC is on the blink here, too, and paying to have HVAC repaired generally increases the likelihood 200% that within the next 6 months it's gonna break again and cost 3x as much to "fix" again.

Popular posts from this blog

Gaining inspiriation

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Ouch