Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Yes, it's official, Ken and I (and many of our friends) are really addicted to this phenomenal show on television called "Lost." Silly as others may think that it is, all have to agree that the plots can be pretty compelling. The only thing that is frustrating is that, as Ken pointed out, there are more questions brought up in each episode than there are questions answered. How frustrating.... But that's what keeps their viewers coming back, and they know it (the producers, I mean).

So anyway, to celebrate episode 12's airing (I think it's 12) last night, we had an informal "Lost" party of sorts. We got together some friends and all hung out, making biscotti and drinking coffee, and gluing ourselves to the screen as the plot (somewhat) unfolded.

The thing that made us part of the "madness" is that we went all out by dressing up as our favorite characters. Ken was Jack, donning a white tee and jeans, scruffy face, medicine bottles in hand. Karla was Kate, complete with wife beater tank-top. Lanna was Charlie, with authentic taped letters on her fingers and even a noose mark on her neck from his close call a few episodes back. Joshua was there, but I'm not remembering right now who he was....maybe Locke? Boone? I got the quick idea to make use of my maternitywear and came as Claire, stuffing a sweater under my shirt to appear 8-1/2 months pregnant again (boy, what a weird sensation). And of course I held tightly to her "invisible" jar of peanut butter.

And the best part? Gardner came as Vincent the dog. Ken got crafty and created a little black nose and pointy ears, cutting them out and gingerly placing them on Gardner's head with scotch tape. He let us do it, smiling as if he knew he was part of our mini-adventure.

And when everyone got there, Gardner began to laugh....I mean, not just giggle, but guffaw. I mean, he laughed for 20 minutes straight. Everything everybody did or said was so funny. Maybe he also suspected how silly we all looked, including him in his little dog get-up.

Don't worry, those of you who can't picture this scenario unfolding; I have pictures. Of course, I am only on photo 3, so it will be a while before I hit 24 and can develop them...but they're coming soon for your viewing pleasure.

Comments

LannaGrace said…
I'm all for the madness. I'm going to guess that Shua was Boone. He's got the blue eyes thing going... I loved also that Karla came complete with toy airplane as well. I cannot wait to see the picture of the "cast."

And Gardner was indeed the best part of the evening. I mean how can you get better than a baby with a mohawk. I submit that it's not possible.

Are we meeting again next week?
ken said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ken said…
Shua was Hurley, as we brought the fast food. He could have used long hair, but as he just jumped in to the phenomina yesterday, we'll cut him some slack.

Popular posts from this blog

Gaining inspiriation

Ouch