It's hot

When summer decided to hit, it hit hard. I think the official first day of summer is a week off, but today is what I will label the real first day of summer, in that it is supposed to top 90 degrees. How on earth did I handle summer last year, 6 months along in my pregnancy on top of summer heat!? Wow.

I think the blistering, mindboggling heat can best be summarized (and expertly humorized) by none other than the wonderful Robin Williams. Obviously, the following excerpt from "Good Morning Vietnam" has been *edited for content.* Enjoy nonetheless.

Cronauer: "Hey, uh, hi, can you help me, what's your name? "My name's Roosevelt E. Roosevelt." Roosevelt, what town are you stationed in? "I'm stationed in Poontang." Well, thank you, Roosevelt. What's the weather like out there? "It's hot. Dang hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking." Well, can you tell me what it feels like? "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's darn hot! I saw... It's so darn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation