I'm dreaming of a.....well Christmas

So, I'm at my computer for the first time since Thursday. I have been in the bed with a sore throat, stuffy head, and low-grade fever for two days. Right now, I'm now 6 hours past my last dosage of Tylenol and still no fever.....fingers are crossed.

Yes, I saw the doctor....I don't take chances when I'm pregnant. He either suspects just a viral thing or sinus infection (or throat infection). To cover all bases, he put me on amoxicillin...those glorious, non-coated horse pills that smell and taste despicable. With that on top of lots of compassion and care from family and friends (thanks, Mom, Ken, Suzanne!), I am feeling as if I'm coming out of the worst of it now. I truly hope so....it's Christmas Eve, for goodness sake, and I have my entire family coming over here tomorrow!!

This year, my fears came true....illness hit us again, somehow, someway. This is now the third year in a row that either Ken or I have been sick either right around or ON this special holiday. This needs to end, and this needs to end NOW.

I realize that holiday stress paired with way too much sugar consumption is what deflates the immune system. Being pregnant also makes it weaker. But this is getting ridiculous.

I thought this was just recently that this trend began, but I recall being sick often near my birthday in February as a child. One year, the full-blown, seven-day flu hit me....I was eight. Not only was it my BIRTHDAY and I was stuck in bed, but it also SNOWED eight inches on that day, and all of my neighborhood friends were outside hitting my bedroom windows with snowballs, teasing and taunting me. Talk about being miserable. That will scar a kid of eight for years and years. (See? Why else would I still be talking about it if that weren't the case?)

I am going to try and think well thoughts now. I am going to keep up the sipping of the potato and Italian Wedding soups, and I'm going to look forward to filling Gardner and Ken's stockings tonight like you wouldn't believe. I am going to push through my sore throat and read the Christmas story from the gospel of Luke, while sitting around our tree. This is Christmas, and I'm not going to let this get me down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation