Trying to tell me something? I think so.

Ken, I think, has a tad bit of the spiritual gift of prophecy. Or maybe it's discernment. Either way, it's amazing me how on target he's been the past couple of weeks.

It all started with the hotel and bug incident (if you haven't heard about it, you can read about it here.....Ugh. I am still shuddering). It continued with a series of successive attempts of mine to calendar, plan, and contemplate perfect scenarios in my mind of how our afternoon/day/week will proceed. All gone wrong. All failed. All flopped.

I am a planner. That's not a fault....unless you're a person who has a tendency to carry it too far, one tweak in your agenda causing you to fly off the handle. Yep. That would be me.

If it hasn't been one thing, it's been another. Hastily cancelled plans due to others' schedules. A realization that no matter how hard I plan this upcoming birth, this one, just like Gardner's, may really throw me for a loop. A project started (more than once) only for me to realize that I'm missing a part or needed materials, and every store where I can find said part is closed for the night. And then, this morning.....plans for a day of errand running, hampered suddenly by one innocent toddler's new trick of taking off his diaper in his bed, causing a stack of wet sheets to pile up right in front of the door leading to the great big world of civilization and commerce.

"I think God's trying to tell you something, Meg," Ken has remarked to me more than once this week. "I think things like this will keep happening to make you slow down...make you realize that life can't always be 100% planned....that you need to let go."

You know how you used to hear your parents say things like this? Things you know are probably true, but you don't want to admit it because of pride or stupid self-righteousness? That feeling that hits you like a brick to the gut, reminding you that you aren't the wisest one on the planet? And far from it.

I'm sure he's right. I can sense God's gentle smile from behind Ken's muscular shoulder, His big hand patting both of our heads, His thunderous yet gentle laugh resounding "silently" throughout my mind and heart.

Ok, God. You've slowed me down. You've really got my attention. What do You want to show me today?

Comments

ken said…
We can start with "Ken Loves You VERY VERY MUCH." I'm so proud of you hearing God, baby. (and now the world knows, too, that Ken Loves You VERY VERY MUCH). Oh, and I'm also increasingly proud of you, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Gaining inspiriation

Ouch

Movie stuff