Weekend highlights

This past weekend started off with a bang, then ended with a small whisper. This was mainly due to the fact that my son received his 4-month vaccinations at his check-up on Friday, and by 4:00pm that day, he was dealing with a high fever and not having much fun at all. Needless to say, I stayed in the rest of the weekend since he would not have been an ideal traveling companion, with hot head and bouts of tears whenever I picked him up and accidently handled his sore legs too much. :0(

Ken, Gardner, and I went to Greenville Friday morning after the pediatrician's visit, seeing as they were calling for sleet and freezing rain on Saturday (yeah right, I know, but one of these days the weatherman's cry-wolf warnings will slam us silly....you can't be too cautious).

We spent the afternoon at EarthFare, perusing through aisle after aisle of wheat-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, hormone-free, and pesticide-free merchandise, all of which is FAR from being free price-wise. We sampled earthy teas at their tea station, and left with a treat of whole-grain and naturally-sweetened muffins. "A guy can't ask for more than this," Ken said, somewhat sarcastically. ;0)

Saturday was "fix-it" day for Ken, and step one was to tackle the leaky kitchen sink. Well, as you men know, step one is usually the only step you can take in one day's time; projects have a way of exponentially multiplying themselves in size and difficulty once the task has begun (the broken things in our homes see to it....they want you all to themselves all day long).

I took care of a fussy baby while somehow baking two loaves of wheat bread and folding laundry. That night we watched "I, Robot," a surreal and somewhat cheesy adaptation of the classic novel (I never read it, though, although now I think I want to try).

Last night we shared an intimate evening of dinner and conversation with my parents, as we all sat around and watched the Johnny Carson tributes on MSNBC. Gardner finally acted more like himself after dinner, and he's 100% back to normal now.

I wrote about all this in painstaking detail simply because I could not think of any other topic to expound upon this morning. Sometimes I will do this because, frankly, maybe some of you will find our peaceful and non-frenzied lives interesting and maybe eclectic. I really hope so. I think it is our desire to be known as the eclectic family on the block. :0)

So that was our weekend. Hope all of yours was wonderful, as well.

Till later....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation