Calm my anxious heart

My mom, her two sisters, and my grandparents are all flying out today for a trip to Washington, D.C. Grandpa has been wanting to see the WWII Memorial ever since its completion; this spring seemed like the best (and most beautiful) time to go.

Though I am so happy for them, I can't help but be a little anxious as the majority of my family is up in the skies and away from home during these few days. Worries creep in, far-out thoughts try to make me lose my focus. I worry about the plane, I worry about terrorism, I worry about muggings, I worry. I just worry.

Yet, as always, God came shining through in my time with Him this morning. I am re-studying Proverbs, and what should come up for today's reading but chapter three. At the sound of these words, my heart was stilled, and a smile came to my lips. God will protect those He loves. There is nothing that can touch us until it is His time for us to come home to be with Him for forever.

Let these words inspire your heart today, also, if trepidation or anxiety threatens to soil your day ahead:

PROVERBS 3:19-26 (KJV):

The LORD by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens; by his knowledge the deeps broke forth, and the clouds drop down the dew. My son, keep sound wisdom and discretion; let them not escape from your sight, and they will be life for your soul and adornment for your neck. Then you will walk on your way securely and your foot will not stumble. If you sit down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden panic, or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes; for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation