Things I'd love to do someday....

This list is inspired by the Today Show's current "Live for Today" series. When I'm fortunate enough to catch this show in the mornings, I always learn something interesting or am inspired to do something cause-worthy. With this current series, I have been inspired to think about what I myself would choose to be on my list of things to try before I leave this earth. They are (in no certain order):

1. Visit Japan
2. Find old childhood friends and start up correspondence
3. Parachute out of a plane (well, maybe)
4. Write my autobiography
5. Write a book (or two, or three....)
6. Have a pet canary
7. Hold a live koala in my arms
8. Visit Austria
9. Meet Katharine Hepburn in person (that is no longer physically feasible, but it was on this list for a very long time)
10. Go back to graduate school
11. Own an airedale terrier
12. Go repelling somewhere out west
13. Pick up where I left off in piano lessons
14. Go back to personally thank every person who inspired me to be better and be myself
15. Donate enough money to be able to name a building
16. Own my own bakery
17. Go on a safari
18. Spend a week on a military aircraft carrier
19. Pierce my bellybutton
20. Surprise my husband with something....a big trip, or big toy....anything....just surprise him (it's hard to surprise him).

Looking over this list, though, I can see how easy it'd be to be on one's deathbed and grow bitter that one didn't complete nearly half of all one would have liked to complete before dying. I don't want to look back over my life with regret. I would like to keep this list in mind in order to spur me to more boldness, more adventure, more out-of-the-ordinary endeavors in my life right now.

Then, the ultimate goal we all should have as Christians still remains, and it supercedes all the other goals.....to go to heaven one day, and to take as many people with us as possible. Every other embarkment pales in comparison to this one.

Lord, help me to keep my perspective. You gave me a mind to think with, a heart to dream with, and hands to work with. Please help me to do things in the right order, with the right motives, and for the right reason....You. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation