Oh, my.


I never knew what the top of the desk looked like. It's nice. It's big. And it's clean.


I spent a large part of my afternoon cleaning off and cleaning out said desk. Do I really need to keep backlogs of power bills since our first apartment in the year 2000? Probably not. Do I need to keep vaccine records for our cats for the past four years? Probably not. Do I need to keep tax records in case of an audit? Yes, but now that all that other stuff is cleared out, I have room to do just that.

Gardner sat nearby as I did this and just laughed softly. (Honest, he did). I had resorted to the television to keep him satisfied while I finished this task (which I hate to resort to!) Of all things, I found a Spongebob Squarepants marathon. I'd like to think he was laughing at the cartoon funnies, but I think he was laughing at me.

After all, I was standing knee-deep in a pile of crumpled papers, seven stacks of keepable roughage that I had labeled in my mind (a strong wind be cursed if it were to dare to sweep through the study about that time and send leaflets a'flyin'.). My hair was dissheveled, my teeth were clenched, and I was talking to myself....a lot. No wonder why Little G gave me the grin.....he knows how I can be sometimes. (But he loves me anyway, as does Ken. Even with all of my eccentricities....and my go-the-long-long-way-around-to-get-things-done tendencies.)

Ahh. Now I can sleep a dreamless sleep. I feel accomplished for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation