Piles of piles

I am sitting here at our desk in the study, giving evil glances towards the piles of miscellaneous junk which surrounds me. These piles are piled on more piles of stuff. And most of this stuff is paper stuff.

I love paper. I have always loved paper. I keep lots of paper things. Right now, I can see within eye's view grocery store sales ads, greeting cards from the past few holidays, unpaid bills, books, magazines, lists of books that I WANT to read, coupons, notebooks, envelopes, and even a souvenir offering envelope from Pleasant Grove Baptist Church (don't ask).

I don't dare throw something away until I am way past sure that I won't need it again as soon as the trash trucks haul off that bag of throw-aways. I am, I will say it outloud.....a pack-rat.....and I am determined to put an end to it.

Or....at least be more proactive about cleaning off my areas every week or two. That's the problem. I have stacks of stuff here that I've been meaning to "file away" since Gardner's birth. Now, that's pitiful. I have bill stubs from the past two years in my file drawer; my accounting methods for our family only require me to keep one year's history for recordkeeping's sake. I must get to the bottom of this mess....and find the faux-wood top of the desk once more. I simply must.

So that is my task for tomorrow. I plan to lug a drawstring trash bag into this room tomorrow and clean out, clean out, clean out. I hope to give Ken something to chew on by asking him some more filing and organization ideas for the papers I just have to keep around for a matter of days or weeks. I hope to clear up my workspace so I can, in turn, vanish the cobwebs which have been recently been mucking up my creative channels. I am the type of person who works the best under the pressure of time.....and within the confines of a sterile, just-so environment. See how I am neither right brained nor left?! It's baffled psychologists for years.

But in all seriousness, I am open to ideas. How do you all handle your paper clutter? I am good at keeping up with CDs, DVDs, my kitchen appliances, and even the contents of my car. It is this desk that will be the end of me and my sanity. I am ready for a change.



P.S. Oh, and by the way.....happy birthday to Perry, Shua, and Juju! Hope you enjoy(ed) your day(s).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation