So that explains it

Ken and I were trying to wind down last night after all of our friends left home group. It was after 11pm, and I was finding myself busying about the house, and talking 90-mph to Ken as he settled into bed (Please....refrain from comments about women and how we like to talk. I usually don't fit into "that mold!"). I just didn't stop. I kept thinking of things to talk about, things on which to take my stand verbally, questions that I was burning to ask him (that really weren't imperative at 11pm on a Tuesday night).

"I just don't know why I'm all keyed up. Must've been the good discussion during group tonight." Ken nodded in agreement. "I mean, I'm all buzzy. My heart is racing, and I just can't focus on one thought for more than a second or two before it turns into another one. I can't imagine what I'd be like if I had drank caffeinated coffee instead of that decaf you brewed."

Ken got really still. His eyebrows suddenly shot up two levels. "That....that wasn't....decaf you drank tonight. That was the real thing."

I stood motionless. "I drank caffeinated coffee!? And you didn't stop me?!"

Ken laughed slightly. "I thought you knew! I was wondering why you were drinking it, but I didn't say anything because I thought you'd made the decision to drink it last night for some reason."

I slowly sank onto the bed. It suddenly appeared that sleep would not be coming to me anytime soon. You see, due partly to health reasons and also to pregnancy and such, I have not had caffeine in almost two years. Like a caffeine virgin, if you will. And after such a long time, obviously, a little bit goes a long way.

Wow. I was up till almost one. When Ken dozed off, I was still talking.....to myself. I got some good reading done, and was actually able to stay up long enough to watch (and enjoy) The Daily Show.

But caffeine is underrated. I would still take sleep over it any day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation