A day out

Ken, Gardner and I are about to leave for a fun morning and afternoon "on the town." It's been a while since we've all just gone out and had fun. Hopefully Gardner will attempt his morning nap while we drive....he usually does that.

Funny how a routine "jaunt" out of the house used to involve only me, Ken, my purse, his wallet, and our digital camera. With Gardner comes an entourage of diapers, bottles, pre-packaged lunch, a change of clothes, a digital camera AND video camcorder, and a slew of other tiny details.

Good thing I'm already used to it. On trips growing up, I was allowed to pack a "fun bag" to hold in the backseat beside me. I filled it with dolls, coloring book and crayons, Fun Pads, candy, and travel games. I have to admit that I still pack "fun bags" even now when we travel. Ken laughs at me every time as I try to see how many Martha Stewart magazines I can stuff into a small canvas bag.

I thank God for the ability to set out on a fun day with two of the cutest people on earth. :) I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation