I fought the gym and the.....gym won

I wanted to throw my alarm clock out the window this morning, as soothing as it was with its slow-tempo Gospel music which hit my ears at 6:30am. What day was it?

My usual ability to jump right out of bed was evidently AWOL. My eyelids felt like 10-lb. weights....there's no way I'd want to LIFT 10-lb. weights this morning.

As I laid there, staring meekly at my ceiling, I realized that there were no excuses I could pull from. I didn't have a headache, nor was I sore from yesterday's workout. I didn't hear rain, sleet or snow outside. In fact, it was 65 and sunny. Hm.

I could go later. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Enter in graphic depictions in my mind's eye of my busy day suddently becoming too crowded to fit a workout in (like it always happens). Uh-uh, Meg. That one won't cut it, either.

I was up too late last night, I then retaliated to my conscience. My conscience then promptly replied, "Well, who MADE you stay up that late?" That would be me.

I flipped the covers off and planted my bare feet onto the floor, shutting off my alarm.

I fought the gym, but the gym won.

(And boy am I glad. I feel great. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation