It's the little things

So, I have had a rough couple of days. Not to go into detail, but I have had a few things wearing me down this week already. Ken notices everything.

I came home from the grocery store a minute ago to find tiny written notes stuck all over the inside of our house, in various spots where he thought I might be today. Little encouraging words, little prayers, little promises. Enough to break through this weary face and let a smile come through.

It truly is the little things. Ken didn't go out and buy me a new Mercedes, letting it sparkle and shine in my driveway as I drove up. To me, he knows that would have been impractical and showy. Not to mention impersonal. No....he gave something else that is worth more than money to us....his time. He spent the last few minutes before heading out to work to handwrite tens of notes to his sweetheart....an action that backs up all of the "I love you's" he has spoken.

Thanks, Ken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation