Lack of focus

I can't seem to focus on much of anything right now. I just cannot sit down and work diligently at a task like I used to without my mind running in a kazillion different directions, getting me off track. I feel dissatisfied, frazzled, and short-fused. I do not think it is physical, but spiritual.

I believe that everything in my life which seems to be turning upside down is there to help me ask God for a right-side up. I believe that a life that's grown full of confusion, haphazardness, and inconsistency is the life that God can use as a vessel in which to pour out His strength.

Just when I think I have it "all together," it hits me blindsided. I don't have it all together. In fact, sometimes I survey myself and find that I'm a mess. The false sense of pride which wells up in me is sunk fast when a storm hits. When that happens, what are we left with? All we have relied on (meaning ourselves) is nowhere to be found. What's left? Nothing...... Except Jesus.

The point of absolute depravity and poverty is when God's greatest riches will spill forward. When we finally throw up our hands and exclaim, "God, I'm scared!" "God, I can't do this anymore!" "God, I don't know what to do next!", I believe He shows His incredible Self more crystal clear than ever before. People don't look AT us anymore. Instead, they will look THROUGH us to see a radiant vision of Christ.

To refuse to be continuously converted puts a stumbling block in the growth of our spiritual life. There are areas of self-will in our lives where our pride pours contempt on the throne of God and says, "I won’t submit." We deify our independence and self-will and call them by the wrong name. What God sees as stubborn weakness, we call strength. There are whole areas of our lives that have not yet been brought into submission, and this can only be done by this continuous conversion. Slowly but surely we can claim the whole territory for the Spirit of God. (Oswald Chambers)

"Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything--and I do mean everything--connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life--a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you." (Ephesians 4:22-24, MSG)

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (II Corinthians 12:9, NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation