Thankful

I watched some interviews this morning with the evacuees of New Orleans. These people were pleading with everyone they came in contact with to help them locate their families. "Families" in a broad sense doesn't hit home as much as when individuals were spoken of. "Please help me find my wife." "Please help me find my brother." "Please help me find my daughter." "Please help me find my grandchildren."

I have not one reason to complain this morning. I woke up in a warm bed, surrounded by comforts of my own bedroom, lights dim (not blaring like at the Astrodome), husband by my side. My son awoke and clung onto me as he does every morning, full of love and hugs. I had a bottle ready for him, and he didn't worry about breakfast.

I know that my mom and dad, sister and brother-in-law, two nieces, aunts, uncles and grandparents are all waking up this morning in their own beds, safe and accounted for. They are just a phone call or drive away. The home where I spent much of my growing up years is still in one piece, recognizable and complete.

How dare I complain about gas prices, about my wardrobe, about the choices in my refrigerator for lunch today. I have no right.

I do, however, have an obligation.....to pray. To remember those who have lost all, and to show love every single day to those who are dear to my own heart.

Lord, forgive my selfish inward focus. I am so blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation