You want to tell the world

Now I know. I spent years tiring of the "proud parent talk" that I heard from friends and strangers alike. I would get irate and irritable when I was seated beside a family with a cranky toddler in a restaurant. I would avoid "mommy talk" like the plague. But now I know. You don't really understand until you become.....a parent.

Now, I smile when I see a family with a very talkative child at a nice restaurant. I feel so much for the stressed out mom in the post office with a squealing kid at her heels. I can be genuinely excited for my friends when they tell me about a first tooth, first word, or first time in the big boy potty (ha!). I know, because I get just as excited about Gardner's "firsts." My child is a genius, and I believe it. So does every other mom in the universe. I want to scream out with joy for all the world to hear whenever he does something new or notable. The new talents he learns are....well, amazing....and I think that everybody else should think so, too. 'Tis the mindset of a mom.

So, today I broadcast that today is Gardner's first birthday! We're stoked, thrilled, excited, giddy, ecstatic, all of the above. We've told everybody we've seen so far today. We plan to keep telling. Ken is screaming it from his blog. I'm screaming it from mine (and Gardner's, too). When something is exciting to you, you can't keep it inside. (Hm....sounds like a starter for a great sermon, doesn't it? What a parallel.)

So, happy birthday, G, for the kazillioneth time already today! We love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation