Daily bread

This morning has definitely started off on the wrong foot. First of all, my sleep was random; I got a "total" of 8 hours or so, but I feel as if I only got 2. Since waking up, I have managed to spill cereal, find clean (but wet) laundry that I'd forgotten about in the washing machine, and one of my two cats has thrown up massive amounts on our bathroom floor and our study's carpet.

It's days like this when I am honestly afraid to ask, "Can it get any worse?" because I know that it can (and I am not one who believes in superstition....but still, why ask it?). It's days like this when I fully realize that my mind's pictures of what stay-at-home-motherhood would be like are taken and thrown, fractured into a million pieces.

Thank the Lord, though, days like this one don't come around every day. They are once-in-a-while days, and it somehow seems as if God always gives us just enough strength to overcome them. Just when we think we cannot take another minute, the clock chimes midnight, and we have a new day.

But glory to God who gives us what we need....our daily bread, for sure. He knows, doesn't He? He gives enough for strength and sustenance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation