Jobs I think it'd be really cool to have

IF I was currently in the workforce (or in the market for a job), and IF I had a specialized degree in a certain area, and IF I had the creativity, brains, and tenacity to succeed at certain tasks, these are the jobs I've always thought would be some of the coolest on the planet.

1. A children's show actor and/or producer. Come on....the sets are big, bold, and colorful. The characters are nubby and cartoon-like. The lingo cheesy, the songs even cheesier. But to know you were making connections within a child's tiny, developing mind....and having loads of fun while doing so....
2. A chef. More specifically, a pastry chef. To watch the faces of hundred of wedding guests as you entered a banquet hall with the most glorious cake of fondant and edible flowers. To roll out crossiants like they were just biscuits. To be known for a "signature cookie." And to have the willpower not to taste everything that came out of the ovens!
3. The person in charge of naming paint chip colors. Oh, man, oh, man. As a kid, even, I would "collect" these while Mom wasn't looking whenever we were in a home improvement warehouse. I'd come home, scratch out the given color names, and fill in my own. I cannot imagine being in charge of creatively thinking up names for every possible color in the spectrum. Descriptive words are my absolute favorite to use in all facets of life. I'd go buck wild in this setting.
4. A children's book author/illustrator. To have a story concept in your mind, then to imagine and subsequently pen the drawings for each scene....and then, at long last, to see a small child absorbed in the colorful drawings and the expressive text of your masterpiece while sitting at a tiny table and chairs in Barnes and Noble. Ah.
5. An astronaut. I was the kid who would make herself carsick by staring out of the windows of our car at night and tracing the moon with my fingertips. I sought out opportunities to use a telescope. The chapter on space was what I lived for in physical science classes. I'd never actually be able to be an astronaut because of my limited mathematical abilities (not to mention my squeamishness and intense fear of flying). But still, it'd be so cool.
6. A pet sitter. To spend entire days with some of God's cutest creatures (but not having to pay their vet bills)? Pure bliss.
7. An event planner. I truly do get more excited about planning trips, parties, etc. than I actually enjoy the events themselves (to a fault). I love to cover every single detail, then watch as they are woven together into a flawless and seemingly simple-to-throw fiesta. (The only thing that would make this job less worth its while is the occasional self-serving customer....which you will always have in consumer services.)

Boy, that was random. Just a fun way to pass my time on this torrential rainy morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation