Things like this only happen in Hollywood

So, I get news today that my dad has a long lost cousin. By "long lost," I mean no one in his entire family knew that he existed until yesterday. Dad got a call at work yesterday from his brother who wanted to drop by so he could meet someone....can you imagine? "Hey. I'm 63 years old and we've never met.....but I'm your cousin." Wow.

Turns out it is a Hollywood-esque story if there ever was one. My great uncle was killed in the Battle of the Bulge in WWII. Those of you who've been to our house might have seen his framed photo displayed. It turns out that he had a son who no one knew about, born two years before my uncle was killed in action, given up for adoption at birth. This guy started to research who his real father was, and it led him to my Papa (his uncle). He came here from the Midwest this week to meet his real family. No one is even sure that my great uncle even KNEW he had a son.
This just goes to show that your reality isn't always what you paint it to be. There are so many things going on beneath the surface....ways our lives are being affected that are totally invisible to our awareness. No matter how much you really know someone, too, perhaps you never really know them.

This is such rich complexity to ponder today....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation