'Tis most foul

So, this saga all started a few weeks ago when I awoke to two presents our cats had left us in the study....they had evidently eaten too much too fast (you might remember my post about it). I cleaned it all up and thought nothing of it.

Later that day, however, a stench wandered up to my nose. I attributed it to the cat's doings and reached for my pet odor neutralizer spray. After dousing the areas sufficiently, I set to work again. Didn't think about it again till the next morning. I opened the study door and was hit with it again....that smell.

This went on for two weeks. I finally borrowed my mom's steam carpet cleaner and cleaned the entire room this weekend. No luck; the smell was worse than before. I wonder..... I leaned down and sniffed nearby, and my nose led me to our HVAC vents. OH. MY. WORD. It was THAT. I was knocked down backwards, gagging and gasping for air. What squirrel had crawled into our HVAC system and given up its ghost?

Weird part: The smell has also shown up in the vents of our den....on the OPPOSITE side of our house. I can't even sit in there without the smell chasing me out....and that's without the a/c or heating on (no need for it between seasons).

I began to research. That's actually what I've been doing since 6:30 this morning. I have found several links to things like this and either dead animals or mold issues. Oh, please, not mold. I know mold can cause illness....that's why our law firm actually moved into a newer building (we were all staying sick and having chronic headaches....the EPA finally ruled it a deep-set mold issue....although they didn't tell us about it until AFTER we'd moved....thanks, guys!). If that's it, we're in for some hefty prices to get this thing resolved.

Anybody have any ideas, suggestions, advice? We're desperate here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation