I feel like such a Scrooge

So, I got up this morning and looked over at Ken over breakfast. "Let's put away our Christmas decorations today." I was firm, it was settled. I was actually tired of looking at it, yes...even just four days past Christmas.

It is true that it had been up since the day after Thanksgiving, so maybe I'm not that much of a Scrooge. When you are pregnant, chasing a toddler, have the aid of your husband during his week off, AND ready to get the house moving closer to being put on the market, it makes sense.

We actually looked at a house yesterday. At first, I was like, "No, way." It does need some updating. But the floorplan is PERFECT, and so is the location (Ken could literally walk to work). We have some decisions to make, and some computations to figure as to how much work we would need to do right now and how much could wait.

I would love to find the town's most perfect house, walk right in, have the paint colors exactly to my specifications already, have light fixtures that I would have chosen myself, completely dirt and dust-free with a neutral scent residing in the air, and have so much extra storage space that I could invite the neighbors to come over and store their things in our home. That probably won't happen. (Although I'm not putting anything out of God's reach. He is the One who will engineer this move, and we trust Him to put us where we need to be and when.)

This is the first move we've ever made when we can actually take our time and choose what we really want and need. (The only time limit we have is August 18th or sooner.) Ken's already getting ulcers, I think. I'm surprisingly calm and assured. This is going to be a wild ride, but a very fun one.

(I can't wait to let the cats experience moving again. They stay in perpetual motion for four straight days whenever we place them into a new environment.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation