Still a nomad family

So, here it is, day three after the ice storm, and all three of us are still without power at home. We are currently staying with my parents. We went back home today to check on things and get a few items....and I burst into tears when I walked in. I miss home!! I know that my feelings are exaggerated because I'm pregnant and don't feel well (and who wants to be anywhere but home when they don't feel well?)....but....I do miss home.

A seven or eight-foot in diameter tree fell one street down, taking out three poles and transformers. That explains why everybody is getting their juice up and going again but us. When we pulled over today to ask a guy standing on the premises, he said they hope to have it restored by tonight or tomorrow. Fingers are crossed....believe me.

You really never fully comprehend the security and the comforts of home until you lose them. Humility in its truest form comes to those who are forced out of their homes. This is only a taste of what I'm sure the hurricane evacuees experienced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation