Date night

Ken and I dined at a small yet elegant Italian restaurant last night. We waited 40 minutes for a table. We waited 5 minutes to get our drinks. We waited 10 more to get our bread. We finally got our food soonafter, and oh, my....it was, in a word, DI-viiiine.

We sit. We chat. We smile. We watch the others dining near us. We look at our watch. We start to wonder whether or not we can still make it to the showing of the movie we want to see, let alone have time for a stop at Starbucks. We smile again. We discuss past friends, past houses, past cars. In the peak of these nostalgic conversations, Ken suddenly looks over at me.

"Do you know who I REALLY miss?" he asked me simply.

"No. Who?"

(Pause.) "Our waitress."

We burst into laughter, making the others near us nervously glance downward and behind themselves to see why the clatter.

I'm so glad we still have so much fun together. That will never end, as long as either of us has anything to do with it.

(I'm also glad God gave both of us the ability to laugh when we're frustrated. That is a highly marketable and desirable trait.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation