Hard sight to see

As glad as I am to have it finally official, it sure is hard seeing that "for sale" sign in front of our house, right on the corner by the road.

It was a rainy, dreary day yesterday (that description doesn't really do it justice), and it was nearly dusk when the big red truck showed up with our sign in the back. I sat on the loveseat limply and watched as they staked it into the grass, placing advertising pamphlets in the info box, wiping off the debris and extra water, and driving off, leaving its blue and white starkness evident in twilight's gray hues.

Funny how you wish for something and hope for something...even dream for something....but the moment it starts to happen (or at least the moment you take a step forward), you get a split second case of cold feet. We're still moving, don't get me wrong....we are simply out of room (or will be once baby arrives). It's just harder than I thought it'd be. Even though this is the fourth house we've lived in and left behind in our five-and-a-half years of marriage, it still doesn't get any easier with practice.


On another note, I just got back from my 1st of the 3 trips I make to Wal-Mart each year. Wasn't too bad today, except for the fact that I still have to go to Target for a couple of items. But still, you can't beat their prices on yeast and yogurt, and of course, they are the only store around here that carries Watkins Double-Strength Vanilla, my personal alibi when baking.

They'll be here shortly to take panoramic photos of our house, so I need to go straighten up. That will be my chore for the next some-odd months, I guess, seeing as they could call at any moment and ask to show it to a potential buyer.
Ah, the joys of home buying and selling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation