My house smells like acetone

So, yesterday was a perfect day. Splendid, I mean, in every way. That is, until I began rushing around at 5:20pm to get ready to go to a "spa night" with some friends of mine.

Clumsily, I grabbed seven bottles of nail polish and carried them into my tiled bathroom. In slow motion, a bottle of lilac plummetted from my fingers and landed on the tile....glass shattered, lilac splatters going everywhere.

Long story short, I was able to clean it off of my shoes....my velveteen pants (brand new)? Well, the color's out, but a stiffness remains to the fabric. My bathroom rug was ruined (thank goodness I was planning on replacing it anyway after we moved). So was an ivory-colored hand towel that I stupidly used in an instant to wipe up the mess, the panic of the episode temporarily rendering me inable to make wise decisions.

I cleaned the floor, my pants, and the grout within my tile with acetone. I scrubbed and scrubbed. I tossed the soaked towel and the tried-to-be-salvaged rug into the washer. When we walked in last night, the scent of acetone nearly knocked us over. When Ken got up this morning to get in the shower, just the quick opening and shutting of our bathroom door sent waves of acetone-laden fragrance all around our bedroom.

That thing they put on the bottle about the remover being "freesia" scented, I don't get. I don't smell freesia anywhere in there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation