Time to read it

So....I've been hearing SO many things about this particular Christian author/speaker named John Piper. He's not a sugarcoated man, that's for sure. I hear quotes left and right from his mouth every week. I have to admit that I figured he was one of those bandwagons that everybody jumps on for a while and then slowly falls back off of.....so, I didn't put too much emphasis on him when it came to my "books to read" list.

I just found out this week, though, that he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Suddenly that book he wrote called "Don't Waste Your Life", which is sitting to my left right now, takes on a whole new meaning.

Hm. What he writes, he practices.....or at least, he will have to now. Hm. I think I will finally pick it up today and start reading. My Southern fiction anthology can wait till later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation