To the immature guy behind me in traffic today

I don't know exactly who you are, where you were going, or why you were so late for whatever it is you were going to do. I don't know what kind of upbringing you had, what kind of parental relationship you've left behind, what kind of husband or boyfriend you are, or what kind of father you are (if you are one). I don't know what you ate last night, and I don't know why you chose what you chose to wear today that was evidently making you itch in inappropriate places. I don't know why you are close to 35 years old but yet you chose to act this morning as if you were a newly hatched 17-year-old behind the wheel.

I stopped to turn into a drive which is so narrow that only one car can come in and out at a time (why, I've always wondered....I always envisioned a problem). There was a car sitting there waiting to come out, and so I stopped to let him out in front of me so I could then turn in. (Note: My turn signal WAS on.) I was intentionally being nice, as I try to be, and I was sure that the people behind me would understand (after all, it was a four-lane road, and there was room to pass me).

You, however, did not think that I had any I.Q. whatsoever, and you proceeded to show your lack thereof, as well, by blaring on your horn five times longly and loudly. You made everybody stop and look, you made my son turn around in his carseat to view the mayhem. I looked at you in my rearview mirror and said, "Huh?"

Why you didn't just go ahead and pass me? I don't know. There was time....there was room. I guess you just wanted to win this fight somehow, and you were determined to use your intimidating Japanese car horn to cause me to flee the road a nervous wreck, apologizing profusely.

Five seconds later, you tore around me, going zero to forty before you reached the front end of my car. I caught a view of some hand motions, but then I turned back to the car waiting to get out. The waiting car's occupant looked at me, smiled weirdly, and pulled on out. I pulled on in.

Sorry you are evidently having such a terrible Thursday. Mine happens to be great.

I will pray for you today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation