The five senses

Already today, I've:

1. Seen the most beautiful sight....videos from Rome, Italy as Katie Couric visits and has a personal invitation from Giada de Laurentis' family for an 8-course family feast. Those images only made me pine for Europe that much stronger.

2. Smelled the most wonderful smell....the smell of snow. It is only sleeting here, and they don't predict it to stick, nor for actual snow to make it down to the ground. Yet I can smell the smell of snow, though it still resides miles above my head. It's a dry smell, a clean smell.

3. Tasted something that made me think that it was mid-July instead of early February: a homemade strawberry scone made with imported strawberries. Yes, these berries were shipped here from the opposite side of the U.S., but they truly do taste like the peak of the season. Mmm.....

4. Heard it again....those January birds in the trees. Earlier than usual; maybe the weather patterns are making them confused. I marveled at them as everyone else walked around, bundled tightly and set on course, seemingly unaware of the beauty surrounding them.

5. Felt a wave of surprise as someone actually held the door open for me and Gardner at the post office this morning. It's a rarity, sad to say, and when it does happen, I take note of it and let it make my day.

(p.s. I also SAW the weirdest sight I think I've seen in quite a while. Did anyone know that Roseanne Barr was doing songs for kids now? I saw a glimpse of it this morning, and OH MY. Let's just say that Gardner won't be watching that.....mainly because I can't stomach it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation