Preparations....check!

I'm making early preparations today for the special evening I have planned for my sweet husband on Valentine's Day. :) All is coming together nicely.

I have also taken on the task of reorganizing and cleaning out my cabinets (the ones that store food), and I threw away a bagful of things that were old or that I knew I'd never use. I felt a little guilty until I saw how pristine and straight everything looks inside of the cabinets now. You can finally open them without bags of dried beans falling out onto your head....or worse, a can of soup onto your toes.

We had a bitterly cold weekend. I am one of those people who could probably relocate to South Florida and be perfectly happy year-round. I don't even have to have cold weather to make my Christmases feel "Christmas-y." I think it's a lack of adequate body insulation, to be blunt, but the mere fact is that any temperature below 55 degrees makes me clam up and hibernate. When I go outside, it's even worse....the air hitting me is like a thousand daggers piercing my body. I get emotionally violent if I am made to stay outside in it without my approval. Add wind to the day, and you have yourself one unhappy redhead. I will just take my 78-degree balminess, thank you, with a lemonade on the side.

Speaking of basking in the sun, I am SO cold natured that I take an extra towel when I am at the beach to cover up with if I start to feel chilly in the air off of the ocean. The only thing that would make this whole predicament less lopsided is if I didn't have fair skin, meaning that more than 10 minutes in any sunlight or partial sunlight, and I'm an official scarlet beet. They don't make SPFs high enough for me.

I have no idea how, but I've done it again....begun the day's post with one idea and ended up on a total opposite one. Sigh. I guess that's how my life has seemed lately....flighty and unpredictable. Not that it's a bad thing. I needed to loosen up a little.

(Bonus....my frank opinion o' the day: Whoever thought that GOUCHOS and DENIM VESTS should come back into style for women's wear this spring should be hung upside down by their toenails. No one with thick ankles like me wants to wear pants that draw attention to said part of the body....and I must say that ladies' vests were one of the absolutely worst parts of the early 1990s. I should know; I had several of them myself. There. I've said my peace.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation