Taxes

Let me officially say that I dread January for another reason.....taxes.

Ken and I have always done our own taxes. This is due to the fact that we don't want to spend money to ask someone to do it for us, but it's mainly the fact that I'm stubborn and headstrong and want to do it all by myself.

Well, at least aided by the pseudo-wonder program called TurboTax.

I just finished up our federal taxes last night, and today, I begin state. Thanks to everyone along the way who's given me advice and answered questions here and there. Even though our taxes were a ton more complicated this year due to certain factors not present before, I was able to figure it all out in the long run and did not even once consider giving up.

I remember the simple days....back when I had my first little money-paying job. I wondered, like everybody has said, who this person called "Fica" was and why he wanted so much out of my paychecks. Yet at the end of the year, when I got that unexpected $62 dollar refund, I was ecstatic. Now I could finally buy that box CD set I'd been eyeing. (That was tons of money to a 16-year-old.....remember? I felt like a millionaire. I felt as if all the wrongs had been righted, even if "Fica" did manage to clamp tightly to a few dollars at the end of it all.)

Let me also say that I'm thankful that I am not a multi-business owner. Working in tax law, all I did was file new businesses with the IRS and compute the end-of-the-year tax computations. Ouch. Too many numbers (negative ones), and way too many forms tagged onto the end. I'll just take my Schedule A and C, thank you.

To make the season all the more humorous, and when I get bogged down in a problem I just can't seem to remedy, I seek out internet humor. This particular e-card has become my favorite by far.

Enjoy, and good luck with your taxes this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation