You scream, I scream

We just got back from a quick jaunt for ice cream at our neighborhood Brusters. Oh, man. Some of the best ice cream known to man, I will say. The only thing is that Baskin Robbins still has them beat big time when it comes to mint chocolate chip.

It is warm again today, and I am going to take advantage of this weather and go outside and wash my Jeep inside and out. I want to make it sparkle and shine, even if they're forecasting freezing rain (yes, that's right) most of this coming weekend. Ugh.

There's nothing quite like having a clean car, Armor-All-ed inside till it squeaks, vacuumed with precision, Windexed, Rain-Xed, and polished. Add a full tank of gas to that and a clean oil filter, and you have yourself a good feeling deep down inside. It's the kind of car that makes you want to go out for an old-fashioned "Sunday drive." (Waxing would definitely top it all off, but that's a whole lot of work. Maybe later.)

Every car I've had has been used, yet I still baby them and treat them with utmost care. When you take the best care you can of what you have, it makes contentment easier to come by. I can still remember the crazy looks I got from people driving by as I'd spend an entire Saturday morning washing, polishing, and detailing my 1977 sky blue Chevette I drove in high school. I didn't care. Even though it wasn't a brand new vehicle (far, far from it), I cared enough about it not to let dust and dirt mar its surface. It was all I had, and I was grateful for it. That car will always hold a special place in my heart.

So, excuse me now as I go outside and baby this Jeep of mine (which, by the way, my darling husband gave up for me when we began our family....it was too hard to put a baby in and out of the backseat of a 2-door Honda).

Thank You, God, that I can be thankful for everything, even the littlest things. And thank You for small pleasures, such as a 62-degree day in the middle of February.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation