I can't believe I did that

So, Saturay night I had all of these lofty aspirations to sit down with a good book and read, gaining more knowledge (if any more will absorb into this pregnancy-affected cranium of mine). Ken was working late at the office to finish up some things for Sunday, so I was excited about taking advantage of the quietness of the house to get lost in a book. I had checked out a book on parenting from the library that had been beckoning to me all week....finally I could crack it open.

What ended up happening instead was this: I sat down with some leftover chocolate trifle and began to flip through the tv channels. "I'll just watch tv while I eat; then I'll turn it off." Bad idea. I'll know next time.

The tv ended up on an HBO Family showing of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." I passed it off as stupid, fake, teeny-bopper muck. Somehow, though, my tired, overworked brain actually got interested in this light little flick, and before I knew it, the phone rang, an hour later. "What are you watching?!" Ken asked, realizing pretty quickly that I was absorbed in something since I was hardly saying a word to him. "Oh, some silly preteen movie. I'm about to cut it off."

An hour later, I had a sickening realization as the credits rolled up the screen that it was now 11pm, I was exhausted, and yes, I had succombed to and watched the entire thing.

Somebody should've stopped me. Really. I gained no wise insight into life from this movie. I might have at age 13, but not now. I couldn't use the excuse that I was watching it so I could see if it was ok for my daughter to read/watch, simply because by the time she's 13, the movie will be on the down and out list. I simply got lazy and didn't turn the tv off when I should have.

Now I'm left with broken fragments of plot line in my head, making me wince whenever they resurface.

Sigh.

Maybe next Saturday night.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I actually watched this movie too. I am even more ashamed to say that I cried over the dumb thing!
hahah..i've seen it...at the astro in clemson...i went b/c a friend of mine really wanted to go...she forced her boyfriend to go (poor guy)...he listened to his iPod the entire time...hahaha...memories.

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation