Meant to be good....but bad

I was inspired by my experience with a "healthy mom snack bar" just now to make up a little list of foods which are supposed to be good (or at least good for you, so they say)....but are instead ideas which should've died on paper.

-- Fried Oreos. I mean, come on. Let's face it. You take a cookie already laden with trans-fats and then dip it into hot oil and fry it? As if that weren't bad enough, it's fried in oil which has also been frying turkey legs being sold alongside them at the county fair's food booth?
-- Those Philly Swirl push pops. I love Italian ices, and so we tried this next invention from the popular food maker. I mean, Ken and I seriously believe they froze up some ice but forgot to add the flavor packet in the last round.
-- Necco wafers. What are they trying to be? SweetTarts? In the words of Ken (forever etched in history): "This is what EVIL tastes like!"
-- Pennywort juice. No questions, please. These were in a gift basket from my uncle a few years back. I think he intended it to be a joke. The flavor of these little canned drinks was, however, not funny at all. (Here's a hilarious review of this beverage, if you're somehow curious.)

Anyone have any more to add?

Comments

joe hall said…
Anchovies! Who was it who had the bright idea, "Let's scrape out the bottom of the bait bucket, and make pizza?"

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation