Mom's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. I know I did. It was all that I was hoping it'd be....fun, relaxing, filled with time with my own two cuties here at home, as well as extended family. Ken and Gardner treated me to brunch, as well. You can't have a day much more perfect than that....

Got to see my Grandma yesterday, who was celebrating her 54th Mother's Day this year. We also were able to meet our other future cousin-in-law....my cousin Jonathan returned from the mission field with his future fiancee at his side. How exciting!

Vacation is now only ten days away, and I am ecstatic. I don't think I've ever "needed" a vacation this badly before, except for, of course, after a heavy week of college exams (which, when I reflect back on it, wasn't as bad as I thought it was then). After Ken and I take this excursion, in a couple more weeks, we will bundle up Gardner and take him to see the beach for himself....for the first time. I can remember early trips to the beach myself, and I just can't wait to see how he reacts....whether he'll run away from the ocean in dismay, or run straight for it with unparalleled toddler-sized courage.

This coming Saturday, Ken and I will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. I chuckle when I think about where we dreamed six years ago that we'd be today.... Our original plan was to take a 2nd honeymoon to Paris for our 5th, and then to have our first baby in tote by our 6th. We jumped a little ahead of schedule, didn't we? And we bypassed Paris altogether.....(at least for now). Plans do change, even silly college-kid notions of how life should be. Yet I am still the richest gal on earth....I have an adoring husband, a lively little toddler, and a baby girl almost here.

I looked it up out of curiosity, and saw that 6th anniversary gifts are supposed to be wood....hm. Maybe Ken will get that German-crafted coo-koo clock he's always wanted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation