What a weekend....whew.

I am exhausted.

Not just a little bit tired. I mean, every single little iota of energy I had remaining just flew out the window as I climbed the staircase and perched myself at this computer this evening. What started out as a relaxed weekend ("We don't have to be anywhere....how nice....") turned into a Meg-imposed work-on-the-house-with-deadlines weekend. We got a lot done, but man, are we both tired.

I say Meg-imposed. Part of the hard work was spurred on by Ken's desires for our shrubs to be cut back. He borrowed an awesome Japanese-designed (complete with absolutely no American safety standard precautionary measures) gas-powered hedge trimmer and got to work. Five hours and a huge brush pile later, he's almost done. We have until tomorrow morning to finish the work and return the tool. He's gung-ho about doing just that.

I started in the kitchen, a room where I spend much of my time, a room which I've been dying to lighten up. And did I. I set to work with a gallon of Kilz II and white gloss paint, and I am transforming our kitchen cabinets. One wall of top shelves completely done, inside and out, and I plan to start on the bottom level tonight after G's asleep....that is, if I'm not asleep immediately after he is.

Love how weekends start off being relaxing....then you get this wild idea and vision of how you want your projects to come out, or how you want a room to look, and you break out the leaded coffee late into the night to squeeze in all the work you can....just so you can "see what the finished product will look like," even if you do still have to squint and use your imagination a little bit.

Oh, it's been tempting to squeeze out extra money from the piggy bank and pay someone to do this for us. It seemed like a really good idea yesterday as the paint fumes started to make my 7-month-pregnant self feel woozy and headachy. Yet all in all, we love the satisfaction of seeing the fruits of our hard labors, even if we have to view it from the couch, feet propped up and ice packs on our sore shoulders, barely able to lift our water bottles to our mouths.

Ahh...the joys of home ownership.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gaining inspiriation

Ouch

Movie stuff