Snow's comin'!!!

Ken and I had some laughs this weekend when the hype exploded over the impending ice and/or snow that had been forecasted for our area. I don't know if it's just in the South (probably so), but there is this major hysteria when ice or even freezing rain is predicted. People go into Y2K mode all over again, scurrying all over town to buy bottled water, electric generators, and....

"Gotta get bread and milk! I'm outta bread....and oh, I'm outta milk, too! C'mon, honey, let's go to Wal-Mart!"

I don't know how or why people think that bread and milk alone will carry them through an icy weekend with no power or heat. I mean, what do you do with those two ingredients? Have a bread sandwich with a glass of milk? (nobody ever says, "Oh, I gotta get some sandwich meats, too, for the bread!") I have to admit, Southern cornbread mushed up in a big glass of milk is delicious and filling....but white bread? Or even whole wheat....yuk. A big puddle o' slimy, gushy mess. Give me pretzels, trail mix, dry cereal, and fruit any day....those will suffice if I am insurmountably pinned into my little house by blankets and blankets of white stuff.

So, I am interested to see if anyone has any recipes using bread and milk. Anyone who knows me would know that I'm always wanting to cook new things. :0) I'm open-minded.

Oh, okay, I'll get off my soapbox now (or should I say breadbox...)....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation