28.5 years, and still newlyweds

My parents' romance is inspiring. Now, don't duck out on me now, for fear that I will get overly mushy, especially since it IS parents I'm talking about. Stick with me while I recount to you why my parent's relationship is so inspiring to me (and now, to Ken).

Daddy came over tonight for dinner. Mom, as I wrote earlier, is in D.C. having a wonderful time, and he is having a very hard time without her here (I am sure he would not mind me telling this truth). Sadly, it is very rare to see a husband today who grieves when he is separated from his wife, especially for a mere three days. Dad just isn't himself without her companionship daily...and that is so sweet and tender.

Nearly 30 years of marriage, and I see them now as being more in love than they ever have been (of the years that I've been alive and watched them together). They laugh at each other's jokes. Dad worries about her safety constantly, and rarely lets her go somewhere alone if he is available to accompany her. They still hold hands. They have inside jokes. Mom lovingly prepares healthy meals for the two of them, as she did all the time Emily and I were at home. Yet now, the table is far from being half-empty...it is instead half-full....two chairs occupied by a couple who never lacks for something to talk about. Even after all this time, they are still fascinated by one another.

I have thanked them before for being such an awesome, Godly example of what marriage should be....and I plan to thank them even more as the years progress. I pray (and know with certainty deep inside) that Ken and I will be a mirror image of that example when we reach our 30 year mark. I thank God for giving me such a worthy model to look at. It set a firm foundation for a confident childhood, and it continues be that firm foundation that inspires my marriage right now.

Thank you, Mom and Dad.
Love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation