I just can't do it!

I am horrible (no, make that really horrible) when it comes to making decisions. I have gotten better in the last few years, though, thanks to the gentle prodding of my husband to be more bold and decisive about many things (such as restaurant choosing).

But my overall indecisiveness leaves me in so many half-done situations. Take for instance, if you will, the pair of curtains which now find themselves safety-pinned onto the window shades in my dining room. We have lived in this current house for over two years, and I still do not have curtains on all of my windows (or at least ones that I put there, not the previous owners). Pitiful.

I tell Ken that I feel "so transient" without complete windows in our home. "Well, then, go buy some curtains for them," he says sweetly. What's absurd is the fact that I have already bought and returned three other pairs of panels within the past two months. When I finally get up the nerve and gumption to actually WORK on getting the windows dressed, that only means another who-knows-how-many months of buying, squinting, exchanging, re-buying, rearranging, tweaking, snubbing, crying, returning once more panel after panel after panel (oh, and valance, too).

So maybe the ones which currently hang in that room will stay. Perhaps they need a brother...a third panel to balance the window out. Perhaps they need a scarf. Perhaps I just need to put up mini blinds and call that done. I don't know. My head hurts. Can I go now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation