The toughest thing

The toughest part of having pets and loving them is having to let them go.

My childhood dog, Ariel, has an appointment to get put to sleep this afternoon. After two weeks of watching, praying, and hoping that she'd either miraculously grow younger (you hope for things like that, although you know it's impossible) or peacefully die in her sleep, silently and quietly, we've come to realize that neither of those things are going to happen for her. She has grown steadily worse over the past two or three days, and so Mom finally made the decision earlier today to let her misery end.

This is the longest I've ever had a pet in my whole life. Tears won't quit falling, and my heart is breaking in two.

I will miss her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation