Ornaments

I was looking at our tree last night....

We don't have one of those trees with a "theme," nor do all of my decorations color-coordinate or have a deep, symbolic meaning. Well, maybe that last part is true.

You see, we have a hodge-podge tree. On it are ornaments from 1978 to today. I have ornaments given to me from so many people, and each one speaks a memory back to me when I look at it. It may not be a tree that can be showcased in Southern Living by any means, but it is sentimental, and I love it. It couldn't be more beautiful.

I carried out the tradition set forth by my family.... We carefully unpacked all of the ornaments and laid them lightly on the couch, displayed from one end to the other. Then, we carefully chose the order on which to place them on the branches, putting our favorites near the top or center. Certain ones glow when lit, so the placement near the tiny white bulbs is an exact science.

I am going to give a snippet of history for a few of my favorite ornaments.... Stay tuned. There's just way too many stories hidden within them not to share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation