"January thaw"

So, we're having very unseasonable temperatures this week where we live. Mom said the official name of it is the "January thaw," and it often happens annually. I guess it's something I forget about from one year to the next.....because it always takes me by surprise and makes me giddy.

I woke up to the sound of birds chortling outside our window at 6:30 am. I swear, I had to remind myself that it was still the dead of winter and not mid-April by the way they sung so sweetly. I love it, I really do. I hate it that the little birds have to go through this confusing part of the winter every year, though. Both them and my tea bushes, with blossoms bursting already, have no idea that we still have a good chance of snow or ice again before Old Man Winter is done with us.

Still, I cannot believe it's January 12th and I am going to dress for a 70-degree day. I have loaded up my iPod and I'm ready to head outside....to do anything....go anywhere. I don't know.

And to top it all off, last night's "Lost" episode absolutely rocked my face off. It was one of those episodes which made you say, "I think I am in this series for the long haul. I'm addicted now, if I wasn't before." It's the kind of episode which makes you set a clock immediately afterward which will countdown until next week's show airs.

It's been a good week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation