Happy Valentine's Day!!

So, today has already started off with a bang! And not in a positive way, either, but we can still laugh about it all!

It began with me opening a bag of Hershey's Kissables candy for Gardner to let him have a piece after breakfast. Over zealous, I opened it rapidly and with more strength than actually needed. Tens of pieces of multi-colored kisses flew all over our dining room, skipping and rolling along the hardwood floors. Gardner laughed, I screamed, the cats had a blast chasing them all.

Next, I had to page Ken at the gym to come home for an emergency of sorts. Our fridge's ice maker has been on the fritz lately, not wanting to refill the ice cube tray or empty it out. This morning, I happened to be standing there to hear the water suddenly click on. I opened the door to watch....it worked again! It filled up the ice tray....and then it proceeded to CONTINUE filling it until the contents overran the sides and began to trickle down onto my frozen foods. It kept coming. I grabbed cups, towels...nothing helped contain the spillage. Within three minutes, water was pouring out of the exterior ice dispenser on the door and puddling all over our kitchen floor. Ken got there just in time....he remedied it temporarily by cutting off the main water valve behind the fridge. At least it's pacified for now, for a time when we can later get it fixed once and for all (but not on Valentine's Day).

All that to say, it's been a wild one so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation