Lovely to come home two....well, almost

Ken and I are home at last from our fabulous four-day getaway to Charleston. It was wonderful just to go with the flow. Try as I might, I just couldn't relinquish all of the control over our schedule or touristy pursuits....but I was better than I have been on previous trips. In fact, I even let myself nap when I wanted to nap....even if it was from 7-8 pm, only to go on to bed at 11 pm. Hey...it's vacation, right?

Ken has a few snapshot highlights of our trip here.

We came home to, however, a tirade of two devious felines who are, I'm convinced, intent on ruining our house and every piece of furniture within it. We've had these cats as 100% indoor cats for six years, but they are quickly wearing out their welcome. I, supreme cat lover (and every other breathing animal, for that matter) never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but....we are on the verge of kicking them out. They still have their claws. The only threat in the neighborhood is a harmless yellow lab down the road. And we have a garage which we could upfit to indulge their every whim. I have just had it with their scratching furniture, peeing on rugs, etc. Oh, have I. (And Ken has, too.)

I am seeking out advice on how to make this transition easier. I know others have done it, so I know it can be done. Looks like this summer we will be transitioning one wiggling toddler into his own (queen, no less) bed, as well as transitioning two very spoiled kitties into a life which probably doesn't suit their ideal tastes.

Should be interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation