Mmmm...

....So I think I found my new favorite restaurant last night. P.F. Chang's beckoned to me from the interstate last weekend, and I knew that was just the place to try when some girlfriends and I went out last night to dinner. Great atmosphere, excellent prices, and even better food.... it was well worth the 50-plus minute wait on a Tuesday night. (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt....their doors have only been open for a couple of weeks now, and I'm guessing they're still working out the "kinks.") Highly recommend it.

As I was driving along the backroads yesterday with a red-faced toddler in the backseat, I wondered where our "transition to summer" went. We went from 75-degree weather to 95-degree weather in less than three weeks, and my poor Jeep's air conditioning system just cannot keep up. I was able to get my hair trimmed of one heavy inch yesterday, and tomorrow, the same for Gardner. 'Tis the season.

I have lots of cleaning to do today, especially the picture frame glass in the study that I, while in a momentary state of pregnancy confusion, mistakenly "cleaned" with orange furniture polish instead of Windex. "Wonder why it's leaving so many streaks?" I mused. Orange bottle stared back at me and said, "You've got a lot of work to do, sweetie." Oh, I hope these memory lapses and periodic bouts of foolishness and clumsiness exit out when Rainey finally arrives. Please tell me it's not just because I'm knocking on the door of the gracious age of 30.

Comments

Stephanie said…
We have a PF Changs here and I love it. It is ALWAYS so busy! Very popular place! for very good reason.

I hope your air gets fixed or starts working better...how far along are you?
I was about 6 months pregnant 2 years ago right now and I was miserable...the air in my car totally went out. OF COURSE... I had already gained like 40 lbs so I was as big as a house and hot all the time..

AND SADLY...I blamed my memory lapses on the pregnancy but 2 years later (and 6 months from being 30) I still am having them...It could also have to do with spending SO MUCH TIME with a toddler...I think that can fry your brain cells too....

:-)
joe hall said…
Meg, ha ha ... wait til you can't even REMEMBER being 30 :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch

Part of the "Lost" madness.....

Gaining inspiriation